The Manitoba Curling Association operating as CurlManitoba is the provincial sport governing body for the sport of curling in Manitoba. We are a non-profit organization governed by a volunteer Board of Directors established to facilitate the promotion, development and growth of the sport of curling in Manitoba. We are guided by our members, their expectations and the trust they place in us to act as stewards of the sport.
To promote, develop and grow the sport of curling in Manitoba by providing leadership, services and programs for the curling community from grassroots to elite.
CurlManitoba will grow the game through quality, innovative programs and services that retain current participants and attract new ones. We will assist athletes achieve personal excellence. Through these initiatives, we will provide support to help clubs ensure their long-term sustainability. While our primary responsibility lies in serving Manitoba’s Curling community, we believe our knowledge and skills can also be a resource to Canadians and the world.
We are inspired and led by a future where;
We are a recognized leader in one of Manitoba’s and Canada’s premier and largest winter sports.
In twenty years:
- CurlManitoba will be seen as a leader in developing and implementing programs and services, admired by other organizations for its fiscal stability, leadership, and innovation.
- We are a model for other Provincial Sport Organizations.
- Athletes, clubs and curling enthusiasts work collaboratively to ensure the success of our organization and sport
- Our sport is available and accessible to all Manitobans.
- Our sport is enjoyed by its’ participants at all levels to the best of their abilities.
- Our athletes are routinely considered amongst the best in the world achieving success at the highest levels.
- CurlManitoba’s programs and services will be recognized by athletes at all levels as significant factors in their enjoyment of the game and/or their competitive success in the sport.
The actions and decisions of CurlManitoba are guided by its core values. Its policies and procedures are also developed in relation to these values. Our values outline to the curling community what is important to our organization. They define our beliefs and are the basis for how we will operate as an organization.
CurlManitoba’s core values are as follows:
- We believe that we can accomplish more by working collaboratively and cooperatively with our stakeholders and that everyone shares the responsibility for the success of our sport.
- We believe that the first goal of our sport should be fun and we will promote sportsmanship, fair play, camaraderie and enjoyable activities
- We believe in treating everyone with dignity and honesty and that each decision is respectful of our stakeholders' diversities.
- We believe that everyone should have access to our programs and services
- We will honour our commitments; be honest, forthright, open and transparent in our conduct, and will accept responsibility for our actions.
- We believe in supporting all individuals in their pursuit of personal excellence. We are committed to excellence at every level and in every effort of our organization
- We will be fair in our decisions and will conduct our affairs in an ethical manner.
- We will be leaders in embracing new ideas, technology and business practices