To promote, develop and grow the sport of curling in Manitoba, Canada and the world by providing leadership, services and programs for the curling community from grassroots to elite.
CurlManitoba believes that while our primary responsibility lies in serving Manitoba athletes, clubs and enthusiasts our knowledge, and skills can be a resource to Canadians and the world. We will assist athletes achieve personal excellence. We will support clubs to help ensure their long-term sustainability. We will grow the game through quality, innovative programs and services that retain current participants and attract new ones.
We are inspired and led by a future where;
We are a recognized world leader in Manitoba’s and Canada’s premier and largest winter sport.
In twenty years:
- Curling is Manitoba’s choice for their winter leisure activity.
- CurlManitoba will be seen as a world leader in developing and implementing programs and services, admired by other organizations for its leadership, innovation and fiscal stability.
- We are a model for other Provincial Sport Organizations.
- Athletes, clubs and curling enthusiasts work collaboratively to ensure the success of our organization and sport
- Our competitors are routinely considered amongst the best in the world achieving success at the highest levels.
- Our sport is accessible to all and enjoyed by its’ participants at all levels to the best of their abilities
The actions and decisions of CurlManitoba are guided by its core values. Its policies and procedures are also developed in relation to these values. Our values outline to the curling community what is important to our organization. They define our beliefs and are the basis for how we will operate as an organization.
CurlManitoba’s core values are as follows:
Teamwork-We believe that we can accomplish more by working collaboratively and cooperatively with our stakeholders and that everyone shares the responsibility for the success of our sport.
Fun-We believe that the first goal of our sport should be fun and we will promote sportsmanship, camaraderie and enjoyable activities
Respect-We believe in treating everyone with dignity and honesty and that each decision is respectful of our stakeholders' diversities.
Accessibility We believe that everyone should have access to our programs and services
Integrity and Accountability – We will honour our commitments, be honest and forthright in our conduct, and will accept responsibility for our actions which will be open and transparent.
Excellence/Learning-We believe in supporting all individuals in their pursuit of personal excellence. We are committed to excellence at every level and in every effort of our organization
Ethical/Fair-We will be fair in our decisions and will conduct our self in an ethical manner. We believe in fair play that is characterized by the values we espouse.
Innovation- We are leaders in embracing new ideas, technology and business practices.