For Provincial Qualifying Information, see the Rule Book.
CurlManitoba has set parameters for all qualifying draws as follows. If you have a proposed draw change, please complete the following form and submit to email@example.com no later than April 15, 2017.
CurlManitoba Draw Parameters 2016-2017
CurlManitoba strives to ensure maximum ice usage for all clubs at all events.
- Seeding ranking is only maintained in the A event
- A winning team will not be penalized
- Three games a day maximum except for tie breakers (including masters)
Regional Qualifiers and Berth Bonspiels:
- Back to Back games will be avoided whenever possible in the A Event
- Back to Back to Back games may occur in the B Event
- The first round of any draw will drop within its same group to B Event, the flip will occur in the next round
- When a team wins one game in A Event they will drop to B Event no farther back than a team that has not won a game in A Event.
- Wherever possible the team with one win will advance farther in B Event that a team without a win.
- Regional Qualifiers
- A region that has 3 entries will play a round robin with a Skill Based Ranking
- Regional Qualifiers
- If there is a 3 way tie there will be a playoff with the bye going to the team with the best skill based ranking
- If 2 teams are tied for first there will be a one game playoff
- If there are no ties and a team has won all games they will be declared the berth winner
- Berth Bonspiels
- A page playoff round will occur
- The number of qualifying teams will be determined by the number of entries
i.e. 24 and under entries = 4 qualifiers
25 plus entries = 6 qualifiers
- Seeding for 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 events will be
1, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16
2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15
- Half way through the event (turn around day) the draw times will flip for the groups with the #1 seed being granted the long break
Open Entry Championship:
Senior Women will accept entries to a maximum of 8 teams, after 8 entries will ONLY be accepted in pairs (2s).
Master Women will accept entries to a maximum of 4 teams, after 4 entries will ONLY be accepted in pairs (2s).
CurlManitoba will endeavor to adhere to the policies outlined in this document; however, reserves the right to make modifications where unforeseen circumstances or conditions merit change.