The rule changes for the 2013-2014 season have been set.
The complete rule book is now available. Click Here to View.
2013/14 Rule Changes
Note: Please view the official 2013/14 CurlManitoba Rule Book for any rules clarification.
The new cresting and dress code standards can be found in the news section of our website www.curlmanitoba.org
A brief outline of the rule changes are as follows:
1. All senior events leading up to and including the Provincial Championship will be 8 ends with a bell at 1 hour and 55 minutes.
2. At all events coaches will be given a maximum amount of time to access their team when they call a time out. Once the maximum amount of time (20 seconds on average) is reached the one minute time out will begin.
3. The CCA residency rule will be implemented in Manitoba.
4. Manitoba Games and U18 will be incorporated into one event for the 2013-2014 season.
5. The Senior Women’s Provincial Championship will be an open entry event.
6. All junior teams may name an assistant coach for event leading up to and including the Provincial Championship.
7. Ice preparation at unofficiated events will be done prior to the start of each game ONLY.
8. Line up cards will be signed by each team member prior to the first game of an event. If there is a change in lineup throughout the event the team is responsible to complete a new line up card.
9. No team shall seed themselves in any CurlManitoba event.
10. A draw for hammer will occur at all events leading up to a Provincial Championship except at junior events.
11. The Dominion Championship will be exempt from the CurlManitoba cresting policy.
Clarifications for the 2013-2014 season:
1. All coaches must wear black dress pants or black curling pants as curling attire to be allowed access to the ice area.
2. At all CurlManitoba events excluding Provincial Championships the top team name on the draw will deliver the color of stones that is on the top of the scoreboard. No payouts will be available at any events.
3. CurlManitoba reserves the right to select any draw format for CurlManitoba events.
4. All teams at a Provincial Championship are competing for the Provincial Title, CurlManitoba reserves the right to select the team to represent Manitoba at all National Championships.
REFER TO THE CURLMANITOBA RULEBOOK FOR DETAILED INFORMATION
If you have a rule change that you would like to be implemented please click on the following link to download a copy of the rules submission form.
All proposed rules changes are reviewed by the CurlManitoba Rules Committee.
CurlManitoba rules are reviewed each year by the CurlManitoba Rules Committee. The Rules Comittee is an operational Committee of CurlManitoba. For a copy of the Committee's Terms of Reference please click here.
CCA General Rules of Play
To access the Canadian Curling Association general rules of play please click on the link below.
CCA General Rules of Play