Rule Changes for the 2015-2016 Season
CLUB MEMBER lists will be continued to be adhered to for the 2015-2016 season.
The deadline date of DECEMBER 15, 2015 will be strictly enforced.
1. In all Junior and U18 qualifiers (berth bonspiels and regionals) each team has one attempt to throw a measurable stone. If neither team throws a measureable stone a coin toss for last stone will occur.
2. At all regionals qualifiers and berth bonspiels the pre-game practice shall start 20 minutes prior to the game time.
3. If you are born between July 1 and December 31, 1994 you are eligible to compete in all junior events.
4. Teams participating in the Manitoba Open must maintain eligibility when playing in the 16s and forward in the three major events if they wish to accept the Provincial berth.
5. Three berths will be allocated to the Manitoba Open.
6. Two berths will be allocated to the highest eligible CTRS point standing for 2015-2016 season as of December 10, 2015.
7. Men’s and Women’s Competitions age restrictions have been removed. (Provincially Scotties Tournament of Hearts sponsored by Monsanto and the Viterra Championship. Nationally the Scotties Tournament of Hearts and the Tim Hortons Brier) Any player can compete in these events.
8. Residency for the Men and Women will be comprised of residents of the same province/territory with the exception of permitting a maximum of one (1) free agent from any Canadian location to be part of the team. Each athlete may only play for one province/territory. The three resident players will be subject to stricter proof-of-residency.
9. At all Provincial Championships the participants will receive an event guideline document prior to the event replacing the mandatory team meeting. A question and answer period with the umpires will be designated prior to the banquet.
10. Seeding for Provincial Championships will be:
Pools: 1, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16
2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15
11. At all CurlManitoba Provincial events the draw for last stone will follow the Curling Canada format as long as the procedure is determined. The format will be detailed in the Players Guide and Team Meeting document.
12. The dress code for all Provincial Championships will include the banquet, the opening ceremonies, the closing ceremonies and all official functions. The team dressed inappropriately will lose the hammer in the first game it is earned.
13. The loser of the 1 vs 1 Provincial Playoff game will earn the choice of stone color or practice in the semi-final.
14. At all Provincial Championships the pre-game practice will be 8 minutes.
15. At all Provincial Championships cresting fees for the Seniors will be $150.00. If a team plays in the Masters with the same cresting the fee will be waived. A maximum of $500.00 will be collected from any one team.
16. At all Televised Provincial Championships all teams with sponsors will pay the $500.00 cresting fee or display no sponsorship. It will still be mandatory to wear the title and presenting sponsor crests.
17. Competitor fees are required for each category for the 2015-2016 season. (Juniors, Men, Women, Seniors, Mixed)
18. Masters are required to pay a CurlManitoba competitor fees if they have not paid a Senior competitor fee.
If you have a rule change that you would like to be implemented please click on the following link to download a copy of the rules submission form.
All proposed rules changes are reviewed by the CurlManitoba Rules Committee.
CurlManitoba rules are reviewed each year by the CurlManitoba Rules Committee. The Rules Comittee is an operational Committee of CurlManitoba. For a copy of the Committee's Terms of Reference please click here.
Curling Canada General Rules of Play
To access the Canadian Curling Association general rules of play please click on the link below.
CCA General Rules of Play