Click Here for the 2016-2017 Rulebook
Residency Policy - Men, Women
Residency Policy - Mixed, Seniors, Juniors
Residency Policy - Wheelchair
If you have a rule change that you would like to be implemented please click on the following link to download a copy of the rules submission form.
All proposed rules changes are reviewed by the CurlManitoba Rules Committee.
CurlManitoba rules are reviewed each year by the CurlManitoba Rules Committee. The Rules Comittee is an operational Committee of CurlManitoba. For a copy of the Committee's Terms of Reference please click here.
Curling Canada General Rules of Play
To access the Canadian Curling Association general rules of play please click on the link below.
CCA General Rules of Play
Rule Changes 2016-2017
The Spring Youth Bonspiel Divisions will be:
Open Recreation 15 years of age and under as of December 31, 2016 (born 2004 or later)
Open Recreation 12 years of age and under as of December 31, 2016 (born 2001 or later)
Men’s Competitive 15 years of age and under as of December 31, 2016 (born 2004 or later)
Women’s Competitive 15 years of age and under as of December 31, 2016 (born 2004 or later)All games will be 8 ends
- A Team Meeting will be mandatory for the Junior Championship.
- In all Championships where a fifth (5th) person is also Competition Coach Certified; the coach OR the 5th person may meet the team for time outs.
- Competitive Team Uniforms will be added to the Dress Code acceptability.
- Coaches may remain on the backboards while their team is throwing the draw for last stone advantage. The coach may not speak to their team.
- Seeding results will be provided upon request without team names.
- U18 will follow the eligibility rules (including residency)
- Cresting fees for the 2016-2017 season the fees will be
- A berth acceptance fee of $200 will be charged for any berth earned not from a CurlManitoba event.
- The Chicken Chef Master Men’s Bonspiel with a Berth was changed to a Berth Bonspiel. Therefore, all teams entering must be eligible for the Provincial Championship to enter.
- The World Curling Federation will present the broom regulations in September for the 2016-2017 season.
Berth Allocation Changes:
- MJCT is awarded one (1) berth to the highest ranking team at the conclusion of the MJCT Championship prior to Regional Qualifiers.
- Scotties, Viterra and Senior Men’s Berth Bonspiels to be increased to two (2) berths each.
- Chicken Chef Master Men’s Berth Bonspiel will have two (2) berths.
- MCT Men and Women’s berth allocation will decrease by one (1) berth.
Provincial Berths awarded through non-CurlManitoba Events
2016-2017 Curling Season
All teams earning a berth awarded through a non-CurlManitoba event must call CurlManitoba and pay a Competitor Fee of $48.00 per athlete OR $40.00 per athlete at the junior level.
All teams accepting a berth awarded through a non-CurlManitoba event must pay a $200.00 fee to participate in the Provincial Championship.
These Events are as follows:
Thistle Senior Men’s Bonspiel with a Berth
Granite Senior Men’s Bonspiel with a Berth
Brandon Senior Men’s Bonspiel with a Berth
Brandon Men’s Bonspiel with a Berth
Brandon Master Men’s Bonspiel with a Berth
All Teams earning a berth awarded through the CTRS Point System, MCT and MJCT must call CurlManitoba and pay Competitor Fees and a berth acceptance fee of $200.00 to the Provincial Championship.
CTRS Berths – 2 Women’s Berths
3 Men’s Berths
Manitoba Curling Tour – Women
1 Highest Ranked Team
2 Highest Ranked Teams
Manitoba Junior Curling Tour – 1 Highest Ranked Team at the completion of the Championship for Junior Women and Junior Men
Please contact Elaine at CurlManitoba at 204-926-8408